3.04.2007

so far left I'm almost right

Speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference before an overflow crowd on Friday, Ms. Coulter said, “I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word ‘faggot,’ so I — so kind of an impasse, can’t really talk about Edwards.”

I got dragged into a debate about Ann Coulter—I usually steer clear of that kind of thing, but this friend got me all riled up. This is my response to an on-line debate—I had to edit out all the other comments, due to explicit language . . .

that ANN COULTER is a royal beotch...
we can have differing opinions, that's what makes this country so great--
but to label people who don't agree with you as "unAmerican" or traitors is cowardly. she's dissed 9-11 widows, war vets, anyone and everyone that disagrees with her . . .
shiite, disagree-- but come off your high horse . . . and stop attacking people for their beliefs—
I've said it before--they're all full of crap-- what I can't stand is the US vs. Them mentality that the right seems to be perpetuating.
I'm not right or left-- I don't hold an allegiance to either political party-- why is it that we only have two major parties here anyway?
Neither of them speaks for folks like me... but as far as the b.s. factor-- come on, the right's got that hands down.
The left's got their issues as well, but they don't seem so proud of their shite--at least they don't try to drape the flag around every bogus thing they come up with.
What the hell are you talking about?
Moore is just some fat bastard from Flint as far as I'm concerned and Rather? he was a bloated wind bag. Franken--I thought that was all part of some Saturday Night Live shtick and Carville is his own walking parody.
IMAGINE this just for a moment . . .
I DON'T TRUST ANYONE in mainstream media--
OR GOVERNMENT . . .
you can diss the left all you want-- you're not going to hurt my feelings one bit, because they don't speak for me at all...
maybe I'm so freakin far left I'm almost right...
and we've gone around and around on the global warming issue--
WTF? What's wrong with being more responsible toward the planet--the environment where we, our children and all of our descendents have to live.
What pisses me off is the fact that people like my father and my uncles volunteered to go to places like Vietnam/Laos and fight for this country and chuckleheads like Rush and Coulter have the nerve to question other people's loyalty?
Where the hell were they? What have they done other than shoot their mouths off?
And as far as double standards...O'Reilly gets busted for sexual harassment, but everything is swept under the rug . . . Rush is an oxy addict and . . . what?
Money talks, ennit?

No comments: