Red veedub sits in the drive,
Leaning to the right on the front side,
Blown out tire, blown out panel,
Rust starting on the rim and spreading.
Do I call the insurance, call the tow truck,
What will this cost, in the final analysis?
I will pay one way or another,
Either up front or down the road,
But now I let it sit and rot,
Hoping that it mends itself.
I do nothing and hope it works out,
Took me two weeks to decide,
Still haven’t done anything about,
But maybe tomorrow I’ll give it a try.
So how do I explain the lapse,
Avoidance due to guilt, but its not mine,
Not this time, but I sat on my hands,
Hoping and praying for an escape.
Full on, all out, no doubt,
Someone needs to do something,
But why does that someone,
Always have to be me?
I have to tackle the behemoth,
Endure the red tape, to get it done,
Do what I need to do, no choice,
Suck it up and find my voice.
Tired of arranging rides,
Leaving early, staying late,
Even took the bus once or twice,
But I miss the stereo most of all.
Booming down the street,
Punk rock blasting from speakers,
Got four-on-the-floor, can’t be beat,
Twelve years old, capable of much more.
I’ll do it for her if nothing else,
Obviously, I won’t do it for myself,
Get her running and gunning,
Even if I have to lie and lie some more.
Candy apple red, punctuated with rust,
Adorned with skateboard stickers,
It leaves the wife’s Saturn in the dust,
Stick-shift heaven and good mileage to boot.
I keep having to make statements,
More to myself than to anyone else,
Have to sort it out in my mind,
After its down on paper, I find.
So here I go with more of the same,
Need to state my purpose, share the blame,
Must fix my car in the most expedient way,
Decided I’m gonna make Progressive pay.
3.08.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment