Nice laid-back weekend,
At least I think that’s what they call it,
When you have two days off in a row,
Back-to-back, seems like I never have those,
But we just watched some basketball,
Played some hoops and went skateboarding.
Also played NCAA football on my son’s PSP,
Good thing they didn’t have those,
Back in the day, when I was his age,
Wouldn’t have gotten any sleep.
Everyone’s hoops crazy,
First week of the big dance,
Even though my team just got bounced,
And my bracket’s a wreck,
After all the upsets.
Skating at the park,
I slammed pretty hard,
Shoulder, elbow, wrist still aching,
Not to mention the knee,
But that’s just gonna be,
Years to recover if ever,
Old man that I am,
Body just can’t take the slams.
Sunny but cold,
But everything is dry,
No more snow or ice,
Hopefully for a while,
But you just never know,
Probably gonna get some snow,
Before much too longer,
But the days are stretching out,
Spring is on the horizon,
Followed by summer just behind it.
The kids are wearing me out,
Playing me 2-on-1 in basketball,
If I ever manage to get in shape,
They’d better watch out,
But for now they can count on me,
Falling behind,
Running out of gas,
Gasping for air.
It didn’t always used to be like that,
But the only constant in life is change,
And change it will all the same,
For better or worse we can try,
As for me, now I’m just tired.
At the skatepark or on the court,
I give it my all and hope it counts,
For what I don’t know,
But at least I showed up,
and refused to remain in a rut,
for what it's worth.
3.18.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment