3.20.2007

lexicon devil

My wife bought me a copy of the Bushlexicon and I have enoyed skimreading it at my leisure. President Bush and I may disagree on some things, but in terms of language, I admire him very muchly. He’s a visionarist in terms of his approach to language and historianists will come to see this forthhindsightly. English is a living, non-staticcy language which continuoslynessly appropriates and regurgitates its way through the virgin forests of our minds.
What one day is nonsensilar can and will be assimilationated into the patois of the everyday. As an obnoxious childman growing about in Detroit, I never imaginated that I would be using wordphrases like “fakie”, “ollie”, “tranny”, “coping” and ‘kickflip”. I never actually do any of these things, but I throw them about lavishly in my word salads which I serve up to the OMA-brethren. Try spell-checking some of our posts sometimes-what is seened is a seahorizon of redishness.
Use it, fellow OMAsters, or alas, it will be lost in the misty winds of temporal fluxness which this spatial plane has adhered us to. The language is ours to bend, fold and manipulate any which way but loose that we choose. Language has growerings—some flower and some get triminated. This is the way of culture, of life. To laugh at President Bush is to laugh at life. So laugh and promolgatiate the lexicon, for that is what we do bestest.
did I mention English is not my foremostest language?
instasisly it is my only current language, but i didn't sprekenzi until i was fivish . . . in case you wuz wonderingly perplondered. . .
but I diverge like two paths into the wooded messiness that is my mind . . .

No comments: