Dawn Patrol
by MadSpaniard (San Francisco)
Standing on the edge as the first light of day peaks over the horizon,
The sky lights up in various shades of violet and yellow.
The wind is cold and brisk as I pump around the deep end.
Ears frozen and hands numb the runs continue as each trick flows nicely together until SLAM!!!
There's the ground.
Damn cement hurts and 6:15am.
I pick myself up and try it again.
After a few more runs thru the bowl it's time to go to work.
Damn I'm glad I stopped by the park on the way to work this morning.
Life is good.
The Punk Show
by OldBoardBum (Virginia)
Shoulder to shoulder we stand,
feeling the power of the band.
Guitars on fire and drums beating fast.
The band's playing hard, how long will they last?
Screaming the words from the top of their lungs,
the crowd knows the words to every song sung.
A push from the back and into the pit.
Fists flying, bodys moving as if in a fit!
Combat boots, chains, Chucks, and wild hair;
tatoos and piercings, they don't have a care.
The room is smokey and there's beer on the floor.
Kids sneak outside so they can drink one more.
Been down for 20 years, probably go for 20 more.
Stamp my hand, check my I.D., 5 bucks at the door.
I remember tomorrow
by Jonno (Indonesia by way of Thailand/U.K.)
I remember tomorrow
Anticipation, knee shake, heart rate
Still now as then, pumping, fast
Woke early, Santa's horde torn bare
Red wheels, 'glass deck - Red Stone
Life lived now, started there
Dropped it down, icy morn, first foot on and
Push- glide, push - glide
Dawn breaks, heart breaks, surf brakes, no brakes and
Push - glide, push - glide
Friends pass, times pass, tresspass and
Push - glide, push - glide
Older now, wiser, stronger, hardened scarred and still I long for
Push - glide, push - glide
New place, old place, right now - my space and
Push - glide, push - glide
I remember tomorrow, dropped it down, first foot on and
push - glide, push - slide
push - carve, turn, fly
Can't die.
3.20.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment