Been really down lately,
maybe for good reason,
gotta say that some days,
it seems like its just not worth it,
why do i bother trying for folks,
who lie to me and despise me,
for whatever reason,
and the reasons are many.
I'm not particularly good,
not evil either, maybe in-between,
leaving me as insubstantial either way,
so why should anyone really care,
what happens to me?
But i can't think of me,
i have a family,
two sons and a daughter,
who rely upon me,
to do what i ought to,
but sometimes getting up is a struggle.
I'm not suicidal,
don't be misled by what I've said,
but sometimes,
i just wonder,
what the fuss is all about.
This life that we all live,
what is it that we must give,
to satiate ourselves,
and any others,
that we hold dear.
And the lies they tell,
about romance and love,
given to us from above,
damn them all to hell,
these notions we must dispel.
I love, but at my own detriment,
loving and having destroy,
can't say that I don't like it,
but there again is the paradox,
love and life we cannot live without,
but whens all said and done,
i am alone, shrouded in doubt.
3.30.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
There will always be ppl who will hurt ya...but you know there are ppl in the world who will do anything for ya. When I was in high school I used to think human being as a species are destructive and that we do not deserve to be here for the hurt we put upon the world and upon each other. Despite the fact that we are all capable of being malicious, older I get, the more I realize that we for the most part can choose not to be hurtful. We can cherish the few times when people are nice to us and genuinely care about us. And those little things can be so important in our short lives.
I agree with dj. There will always be those that hurt you or disappoint you. They key, in my opinion, is in how you percieve things and let them affect you. Life is only as good as you allow it to be. Ya ya, when life gives you lemons blah, blah, but it's true. There's a lot in my life that sux, but I choose to focus on the things that don't and it gets me through the bs. The bs will always be there, don't let it eat you up.
Post a Comment