I am the man screaming in the forest,
No one hears me,
I grasp for some acknowledgement,
Even a simple shut the hell up.
I want something to matter,
Something to cling to,
But I am exhausted from the effort.
What is the next step,
What is there do be done?
Everything feels so hollow,
So useless right now.
Even the things that I love,
That fill me with hope,
Seem to be mocking me.
Emptiness stares back at me,
Laughing and jeering,
Better off not having cared at all.
Why did I ever care,
Ever want any part of this whole thing?
Only natural I suppose,
Life is all about living,
Life tries to prolong itself,
Propagate itself in any way possible.
A simple shut the hell up,
Please—that’s all I want right now,
All I need to know someone’s listening.
7.18.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
i hear ya. i'm just a litle busy. my boys are also trying to skate. we all got k-mart boards to test the interest waters, very high indeed. someday we should all skate together. the parking ramp by the university computer science dept at 2am is a great ride. unfortunately, we're unable to make it up this summer, and christmas is also booked elsewhere. but 07, we should skate....
Yeah, definitely--the little one should be on a board by then. "Nan" and I should be dropping in by the end of the summer at the rate we're progressing.
Post a Comment