Looking for a break,
Looking for a window,
Waiting for my turn,
Which way is he gonna go,
Which way should I roll,
Don’t wanna snake no one,
If it can be helped at all,
Just out here skating and having fun.
Down the bank,
Looks all clear,
Oh crap where’d he come from,
Thought he was going straight,
Doing the same line all the time,
Hitting the far bank and ollies to grind,
But he turned hard right,
Almost out of my line of sight.
Wait--that’s Jamie’s buddy,
Saw him hit that before,
He hits the hubba and ollie’s,
Kills all of his speed,
Makes no sense at all,
Speed sapped when he hits the wall,
So I keep right on going,
Keep right on cruising.
Homeboy yells something from the hubba,
“I thought you were gonna ollie” I reply,
He says something else but not sure,
I hit the wall extra high,
Hit the corner then turn back around,
Didn’t offer any other apology,
Thought the issue was done,
Nothing left to say so I offered none.
But then he tells his boy,
“That dude cut me off,”
“Who, that douche over there?”
Not in front of me,
Not to my face,
But says it in front of my son,
The fruitbooter says to his friend,
The newbie grom from the East End.
I don’t disrespect anyone,
Try like hell just to have fun,
Just there to skate and carve,
Apologize when I can,
Help and give anyone a hand,
Try not to judge or be an ass,
But please don’t waste my time,
By cluttering up all the good lines.
Snake session was in full force,
Well before we even rolled up,
You got something to say,
Say it to my face,
Otherwise shut the hell up,
We’re all just here to skate,
Next time I won’t watch out,
Give you a real reason to hate.
So many people sitting around talking shit,
About that guy there or someone else,
Just cuz they look different,
Or they’re not locals,
Just cuz you or they don’t approve,
Or so afraid of not looking cool,
Give me a flipn break,
All I wanted to do was just skate. . .
7.31.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment