Who’s that old guy/even older than me,
Standing over there with Rectors over his jeans,
I could hear his bearings from the parking lot,
Rusted to hell/wheels look about shot,
Let’s see if he’s an old-school shredder.
Oops/homie’s trying to drop-in,
On the bank? What’s wrong with him?,
Looking pretty sketchy/barely made it up the pyramid,
Pretty disappointing/that dude can’t skate worth chit,
What the hell is up with that?
He’s giving us old-timers a bad name,
See the kids laughing/that dude is so lame,
Now he’s trying to carve the round wall like me,
Barely made it up/this is too funny to believe,
Let’s talk to him and find out his story.
After several attempts I just gave up,
I think homie’s got a loose nut,
Just give him some space/let him do his thing,
A wannabe poser/false ideas desperately clinging,
One word answers/wouldn’t even make eye contact.
That dude could be me/trying hard not to judge,
Tried chit-chatting/homie just wouldn’t budge,
Maybe he figures he’s cooler than all the rest,
In some twisted reality/We’re all just pests,
And he was born to shred and carve.
Well my son/all I can say about that dude,
He’s a little strange/but let’s not be rude,
If he wants to skate with us that’s fine,
What’d I look like a year ago/just give him time,
And oh by the way/please wear your helmet.
I think he might be dealing with some demons,
Real or imagined/let’s not give him any reasons,
Maybe a head-injury back in the eighties,
Helmet-less vanity won over his safety,
Maybe homie is just plain weird/try not to hate,
He seems harmless/let him be and let’s go skate.
7.04.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment