We show up at the park bright and early,
No one’s there which is good I guess,
But I that means I just got stood up,
Zed and I grab our boards and give it a go,
But there’s trash everywhere, especially in the bowl.
50 gallon trash cans, completely dumped,
Pieces and parts of cameras and boards,
Four or five shirts, a big old beach towel,
But the worst is the sand and dirt in the elbow,
Making our little skate mecca, a hellhole.
Doug shows up with a broom and dustpan,
Dude must have read my mind, starts sweeping,
Chit-chatted for a minute about this and that,
We had that sucker cleaned up in ten minutes flat,
No energy after that, all else was just anti-climatic.
Zed carved the round wall four or five times,
Taking some pics, giving him high-fives,
But as for me, something’s not clicking,
Can’t get excited about even this here,
Been wasting my days at the bar drinking beers.
I went and talked to the twenty-something wannabe,
Chatted up the nine-year-old with attitude,
Funny to hear someone else’s take on life,
Zed keeps to himself, just carving along,
I take some pics, so far away, so far gone.
7.01.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment