7.19.2007

bittersweet

Bittersweet bittersweet,
Life is much too much of that,
Always too much or not enough,
Never ever quite what you want,
But I’m not asking for anything,
Not just now, not just yet.
Whatever did I give to them,
Nameless ones, faded into yesterday,
Faceless and barren, nothing at all,
Got what they deserved,
And deservedly so just the same,
But nothing was ever really there.
And whatever else I have given,
To you or just about anyone,
Is never offered without some strings,
Trying to change that, trying to try,
Too stuck on this self, on this life,
But that too will change over time.
I just do not know about much right now,
Just going to float along,
Hope it all works out in the end,
Too much damage done,
No questions no answers,
Never ever anything concrete.
Words to make sense,
Words to quantify,
Just a few quick words,
But they seem to multiply,
Cluttering up the tone and meaning,
Not sure if to confuse myself or someone else.
Like a moth to a flame,
Drawn by the danger,
Drawn by the warmth,
Enjoying the bitter moreso,
Than even the sweet,
All else silenced.

No comments: