Dropping in is the penultimate allegory,
Seems so easy on video, seems so easy in theory,
Standing on the lip, might as well be skydiving,
With no parachute, nothing to catch me but concrete.
First dozen times I slam and I bash my wrists,
I run to the store and buy pads and guards,
Try to protect every inch of my body with plastic,
Slamming on concrete is certainly no picnic.
Standing on the lip looking down, wanting to cry,
Searching for my cojones, looking for the answer,
Trying to find my courage, but I just shudder,
Know its probably a try-and-do situation.
My body is ready but my mind is in revolt,
I reach for the nose, but mind tells body to bolt,
Just like every other obstacle in my life,
Too scared to try, too scared to fail.
The more I think the more I want to run,
How on earth am I gonna ride the wall,
Almost 90-degrees straight into free-fall,
There’s just no way this is gonna work.
Grabbed for the nose, slammed the front down,
Next thing I know I’m rolling on the flat,
Seemed so easy, seemed smooth as silk,
Skating at the park that Team Pain built.
This is alright almost kind of tame,
Why was I so scared, why was I so lame,
Didn’t even want to try, just wanted to run,
Too scared at the possibility of slamming again.
So I drop in a second time, then a third,
I couldn’t even imagine landing those a minute ago,
I have the park to myself since its still so cold,
I immediately consider dropping into the bowl.
But then I decide once more from five feet,
Just to make sure I got this dialed in,
But then my foot slips and my knee gets tweaked,
Skate gods decide that a taste of reality is what I need.
Standing on the lip, board out, trucks to coping,
Praying that I don’t slam, standing there just hoping,
Might as well be at the edge of doom,
The beginning of the end for mangadezi.
My mind tells me that this will end badly,
With me lying in the flat all bloodied,
Body broken, soul stained and thoughts muddied,
Unable to move or cry out due to the pain.
Mind tells you not to even try it,
But sometimes life needs to be lived,
It can’t be over-thought, so pray to your Lord
Grab that nose, grab your cojones and slam that board.
Mentally, logically it just doesn’t make sense,
Thinking, considering, only makes me more tense,
There is no substitute, I have to suck it up just drop,
Keep on dropping til I got this beotch on lock.
12.30.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment