Twisted my knee and now its throbbing,
It only hurts when I try to bend it,
Keep it straight and it feels just fine,
Want to go skating, but know that I can’t.
Dropping in, fifth try of the day,
Last three were smooth as silk,
But back foot fell off on the last,
Fell off and planted on the concrete.
Front foot stayed on the board,
Body kept going, moving forward,
Thought I was gonna do the splits,
Inside of back knee screamed in pain.
Splits might have been better in a way,
Knee hurts like hell, ruined my whole day,
Icing and elevating, anti-inflammatory popping,
Hard lesson learned, gotta keep feet on the board.
Padded from head to toe, but nothing helped,
Head was helmeted, elbows and knees padded,
Wrists were guarded, fat tongue over tops of feet,
But none could help the inside of my back knee.
When I played football, twenty-some years ago,
I hit a running back, a few yards behind the line,
He cut. I hit. Body went one way, knee the other,
Sickest feeling I ever had, knew I had hurt him.
He was screaming and crying as I picked myself up,
I played dirty, don’t misunderstand,
Harassed receivers the length of field,
Grabbed at facemasks and gouged at eyes.
But felt sick when I unloaded on him,
Super-quick little back was picking us apart,
Eight, ten years on every carry,
But in an instant I blew out his knee.
Foot came off the board and my foot planted,
Faster than thought, too fast too react,
Foot planted, knee strained, shooting pain,
Screamed FU@# for everyone to hear.
Waiting for some crutches, wife’s gonna s&*#,
Hope this goes away quick, need to get my fix,
Gonna skate til my knees give way,
Knees will be made of titanium some far-off day.
Gotta get that drop in dialed,
Keep these damn feet nailed to the deck,
Gonna ride that pool, hit that lip,
Time to live is now, gonna let it all rip.
12.30.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment