12.23.2006

concave boarded bliss

Click-clack click-clack go the wheels on the cracks,
Riding my board down the sidewalk to be exact,
Tripping zipping in and out of traffic north of campus,
Four-wheels, silver trucks, concave boarded bliss.
Nothing to do, nowhere to be, me just being me,
Never realized, never knew that I could feel so free,
Cruising along, listening to music on my headphones,
Passing college kids and all sorts of worker drones.
Businessman, military recruiter, little kids on scooters,
Not stuck at work, stuck on the phone, staring at a computer,
Looking around, looking about, looking for cops,
So I can duck and dodge, jump off the board into a shop.
“No skateboarding” say all the signs,
but I don’t care, skateboarding is not a crime,
skating should not be confined to the skatepark,
skating at our park means that you’re done once its dark.
I don’t care, I grab my board and cruise along,
no one’s gonna take that away, gonna tell me it’s wrong.
Groms act like its some kinda lark to go street skating,
After the sun has set, they stand around debating.
Whether or not to cruise downtown they collectively wonder,
But what is skateboarding, when not allowed to explore and blunder,
The park closes, the season ends, but the stoke lives within,
Find a parking ramp, skate some curbs, keep your eyes open.
Click-clack click-clack go the wheels on the cracks,
I’m skating wherever my board takes me, thats a fact,
Click-clack click-clack say the wheels of urethane,
I’m doing what I’m doing to help me stay sane.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pretty nifty there! keep it up