My 20 year high school reunion is coming up . . .
I've got mixed feelings about the whole thing . . .
Anyone got any stories/thoughts they'd like to share?
I kind of want to go and see some old friends, but . . .
20-years seems real daunting for some reason . . .
the 10-year was an easy one to blow off . . .
now it's like--dang . . . i didn't do any of the things i thought i would,
blah blah blah . . .
yeah all probably right--bad idea--who am i kidding?
i'd just be going to try to get phone numbers for ex's and almost ex's. . .
I'm looking for my future ex-wife . . .
the current one might not be too happy about that huh?
the thing about High School . . . I don't regret the things I did, I only regret the things I didn't do . . .
IF'N youz know what I mean :wink: :wink: :nudge: :nudge:
My son graduates in 2010 and my daughter 2013.
The baby is still in preschool so that would be . . .
(rusty wheels turning betwixt and between mine ears)
. . . 2020!!
that seemed so far off in the distant future,
back in the day . . .
Yeah, scrooge it, who needs a stinkn reunion anyways . . .
one of the few people i kept in touch with moved out to Montana fifteen years ago-- i think he's in Missoula, too--is that where Montana State is? Homeboy and i skated together, hung together through H/S and college--
he put down the board, but now he's all into hiking, rock-climbing, snowboarding, marathons . . . blame it on the mountain air I guess, but we still chat and email even though we haven't seen one another for all that time . . .
reunions always bring up a lot of emotions and what-ifs . . .
i dunno, maybe i'll wait until the 25th-- most of us will be on our 2nd or 3rd divorces by then, right?
12.24.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment