Nothing too spectacular, nothing of note,
But for me it’s everything, for me it’s all about hope,
Looking back over these last twenty years,
Lots of life, lots of love and plenty of tears.
Going back and forth, thinking about my past,
Thinking about life right now, still moving too fast.
What would I have done, what could I have done,
Given what I know now, if I could go back just once?
What is it I really want, if I could have anything at all,
My tastes have always been simple, not much to mull,
We are trapped in this place all victims of space and time,
I keep tripping, falling—living as if I were blind.
Time has come, the time is now, must stand up,
Sick of the stumbling, tired of feeling so corrupt,
Tired of blaming everyone else for what I have wrought,
Need to stop seeking, stop trying to find fault.
Again and again, stuck in a vicious cycle,
Trying to be strong, holding on to what’s vital,
Looking toward tomorrow with hope and faith,
Trying to raise my children free of pain, free of heartache.
Looking back in time, something I do quite too often,
Gonna focus on the now, gonna put the paper to the pen,
Write to release my demons, then go on with my life,
Not looking back anymore, free myself of that strife.
12.23.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment