No this really isn’t about you at all,
It’s about me and my regrets.
All the things that remain unfinished on my to do list,
So none of this is your fault.
You’ve become a target,
A magnet for all those love-struck stalkers,
Admiring you from afar.
The last thing you need is an old friend,
A supposed friend,
Coming out of the woodwork and asking you for anything.
Life doesn’t always turn out the way we want it to,
This can be good or bad depending on one’s perspective.
Hindsight can be a debilitating companion,
Keeping one from living in the now.
You and I have always occupied different realms,
Mine of the Hungry Ghosts,
Yours of the Gods.
And so it remains and so I must accept,
Or forever be haunted by something that never was.
The moral of this story is to live life fully,
To take risks and to harness the flow and energy,
Or to sit forever on the sidelines and wonder—
What if?
I continue killing the time,
Killing my finite life,
Bleeding it dry with my constant analyzing.
I bleed away the moments and the days,
With a recklessness that shames me.
I was so busy running back then,
Running from life,
Running from myself.
Too late I realize that I’m running out of time.
This is not about you,
But about the me that I wanted to be.
This is not about you,
But about all those hopeless wants and needs,
That will forever remain unfilled.
Hopeless because they are illusory,
Hopeless because one cannot achieve if one does not try.
This is not your fault,
This is not about you at all.
6.03.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment