6.03.2006

the Henry Rollins avatar

I saw Henry Rollins on some game show the other day, getting all gray, but still the same witty guy-with-no-neck. He's quite the literary juggernaut these days, isn't he? Not to mention his acting credentials of late-- (Bad Boys II).
I got back on that classmates.com to look some folks up-- filled out a profile and all that. I found a photo of Mr. Rollins from 1980 and used that as my "then" photo. I tried to find a pic of the Dalai Lama to use as my "now" photo, but couldn't find a decent one, so I stole one of an absconder recovery investigator from the MDOC website.
The truth lies somewhere in the middle on that, I guess.
Speaking of peoples I once knew, I read some article that Areeya Chumsai wrote about Heather G. the other day-- been kind of in a phunk about it. Areeya's an actress/director now, back in Thailand. She was doing the celebrity-as-journalist thing for awhile before that.
So this article was about "the road not taken"--she was lamenting the fact that Heather failed to achieve her dream of performing with an orchestra, etc . . . and Heather told her that she was happy with her life, because she had a wonderful husband, whom she met at Yale, and she at least got to chase her dream.
Despite not having made it. And despite the $50,000 price tag for her edumacation. Areeya had to stick something in about her living in a one bedroom flat in Queens with a leaky faucet as well.
But having chased and lost is better than not chasing at all, I guess is what the article was all about. That's whats making me bittersweet, because I can't honestly say I've given an all out effort in anything, you know? I've never tried that hard on anything. Fear of failure. Never thought I could do whatever and so I didn"t try. Make sense? She tried, but failed. I failed to try.

No comments: