4.23.2007

what you waiting for?

One or two spills, enough to kill my confidence,
Blame it on lack of speed, blame it on wheel bite,
Not pumping hard enough, lack of skills,
Something’s gotta give, gotta get over this hump,
Jonesing to ride the wall, took two steps back,
Have to move forward and hopefully progress.
Watching all the others skaters hitting numerous lines,
Holding myself back, due to some kind of lack,
But sketchy as it sometimes seems, that’s just that,
Gotta ride and just stay on, feel myself slipping,
Moving forwards and back, on only two wheels,
Loud Kid 1 says just drop in, what you waiting for.
Easier said then done son, over thinking the thing,
Shut up and just do it, don’t think, just do,
Gonna scare myself into early retirement,
Sitting here taking tips from a seven-year-old,
But ironically, how hilarious is that, what a lark,
Should’ve thought of all that before jumping on board.
The freedom, the rush, when I let go and shut up,
My mouth and my mind, and follow those lines,
I saw others flow from spot to spot, super fast,
Centrifugal force, spinning me around,
Into the corner and right back out, up the twinkie,
And up to the opposite tranny, no thoughts surface.
Line by line, drop by drop, carving the whole thing,
Fakie to and fro, kickturns on bank just for show,
Pump pump pump, turn left turn right,
Touch the coping as I glide right on by,
I see the lip, see the flat, bend them knees,
Tired and wasted by the end, another fine run.
Best of all, I managed to stay on the board,
Didn’t eat any concrete today, came close,
Had a few bails, put my trust in the seven-plys,
Visualized and manipulated, to pull it off,
But still hungry for more, flinging around,
In the corners and bowls, coming back for more.

No comments: