Betrayed yet again
Thought we had finished this,
Tried to keep my mind open,
But back to the same thing,
Not sure what else to do,
I gave you some space,
Didn’t want to pressure you,
Maybe my expectations are too high,
Maybe you were right all along,
I’m still sitting in the same spot,
Singing the same old tired song.
So what’s left to be said,
What is left to repair?
Feel like I’m better off dead,
Or living on the run,
Disappointments begin to pile,
Living like a shadow,
Unable and unwilling to smile,
Full frontal stupidity,
Who’s the idiot, you or me?
My back’s wracked with pain,
And my ulcer’s acting up again,
But I still don’t know what to do.
Its funny to hear my co-workers bitch and moan,
Then spend half the day on their cell phones.
So why do i even try,
When no one else understands,
Why perpetuate the lie,
When I have no real chance,
Why oh why oh why,
Do i keep singing this same old song?
Chorus:
How am I supposed to trust anyone else,
When I can’t even trust myself,
How can I trust you when you lie,
Wonder why I even want to try,
For a love that long ago died.
4.08.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment