4.13.2010

fragments I

Contours and curves,
Smiles and looks,
Soft hair falling around my face,
Smooth undulating sheets underneath,
The rise and crest of cottony bliss,

Breathe you in as you exhale,
Little deaths from time to time,
Longing for more,
Heart beating through my chest,
Thoughts stand still for a moment

Light seeps through the window,
Time stands silently watching,
Chest rises and falls,
Deep breath in deep breath out,
A thousand tomorrows put on hold.

One infinite moment unbounded,
A brief glimpse of the eternal,
All else falls away,
No questions no judgments,
Sweet eternal bliss for one moment.

Walked down to the river,
Patches of ice and snow over the trail,
Where I wasted so much time and sweat,
Lost myself and found myself,
Dreaming of you the whole time.

Don’t think I’m gonna look back and laugh,
Just wanna forget the whole thing,
Tuning out as much as I can,
If anyone’s crazy enough to listen,
Then the blame lies with them.

Super phat stacks, rained on half way,
Shrouded in mist, had nothing to say,
The fragrance smacked me in the face,
Even before I knew you were in the place,
Had to go out and look, just need to see,
Just to torture myself, and that’s when it hit me,
Just killing time in between, days fly by,
But time stands still, when by my side

Small moments, when I can hear time tick away,
Just enough at times, keeps the demons at bay,
Can’t break away, can’t find another route,
Trapped and sinking, not wanting a way out,
Intense moments even doing nothing,
Just small talk, but it feels like something,
I never know how to feel, the air goes electric,
I hear my heartbeat, I hear the seconds tick,
Just the mere presence, just being in the vicinity,
What does it all mean, maybe just some kind of affinity,
Just enough to keep me wondering, never too much,
Keep coming back for more, keeps me caught in the clutch

A socially awkward moment,
At least once every single day,
Or so I’ve heard,
So the experts supposedly say,
I’ve surpassed my quota,
By at least five-fold,
Barely finishing my sentences,
Shaking and shivering from the cold,
Sputtering and spitting out random words,
Making up my own twisted sayings,
As sense goes out the window,
Minutes away from going stark mad raving,
Almost hollowed out, shoutn out loud

No comments: