4.12.2010

chasing the moon

had this crazy dream last night
was there with my ex trying to work it out
ended up just giving up just like before
then another came along and promised me so much more
but I knew they would all turn into lies
knew from the beginning but just kept trying
then I rolled over and there you were
perfect form perfect morning
soft and warm as you turn
dimples above your cheeks
as your warmth engulfs me
as I grab and knead
holding on for dear life
but then I’m alone again
running from room to room
as water starts to rise from below
from depths unseen and unknown
slowly it starts to recede
damaged wood and sunken floors
picking up my duffel bag to leave
then realize that I’m under arrest
I try to explain and try to creep
but the darkness closes in on me
and I awaken with a start
aching back and spinning head
go through the motions once again
searching for clothes and shoes
cluttered floor cluttered mind
I finally stumble out to my bike
full moon floats above the treetops
its work done for the night
it slinks away in the early morning
as I chase it westward through the darkness
silently rolling over deserted streets
as the cobwebs start to fade away

No comments: