regimentally challenged,
floating through my days,
half-assed and unprepared,
shocked when it all falls apart,
i’ve always known this,
but refuse to do otherwise,
need to take control,
organize my time,
schedule what I can,
pencil in some chaos,
so easy to watch it slip away,
so easy to simply watch,
but then I take exception,
double-guess and berate myself,
more wasted energy over nothing,
too little too late,
needed to be in the moment,
but now I wallow in my failures,
so begin again and start fresh,
tackle the moments as they come,
fresh-faced and open minded,
instead of reacting like I do,
clouded judgment,
angry over my lack of control,
as I bleed away my life,
one day at a time,
but we need to start right now,
get ourselves into the flow,
stop taking the small things so,
letting them set us off track,
and do what we can,
steer the boat away from the rocks,
to somehow keep this afloat,
accentuate the positives,
and let go of the rest,
failures will come and go,
just another lesson learned,
upon the path we shall tread,
one foot in front of the other…
12.24.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment