The height of ignorance,
In your eyes/to your mind,
Once again your rules,
Your lies foisted on me,
Believe what you want,
Couldn’t care less,
But don’t tell me,
Or anyone else,
Why your way is the best.
Your God my God,
Its all the same,
We just call him/her/it,
By different names,
The hero with a thousand faces,
The God with a thousand names,
All the same,
Wrought by mind,
Cannot be otherwise.
Same DNA same chemistry,
Runs through me,
As runs through you,
Formed of the same stuff,
Climbed out of the primordial ooze,
So don’t tell me,
About your holier-than-thou views,
If I’m wrong I’ll burn in hell,
But I’ll be damned if I live a lie,
Pretending to believe when I do not.
If there is a God,
I’m just saying,
Just for the sake of argument,
Why would it not be the same,
Or is your God somehow better,
Bigger and faster and less filling,
But I just find it so amusing,
That you would claim it devalues,
Whatever the hell it is I believe.
I’ll be the judge of that,
Thank you very much,
Please don’t save me from myself,
I’ll go on believing,
Or not believing whatever it is,
But I’ll just keep that to myself,
Not trying to convert anyone else,
My views and yours spring forth,
Just a product of mind,
For whatever it’s worth.
12.04.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment