Made the mistake of tightening my trucks,
Tightened the kingpin, smooshed the bushings,
Thought I needed more stability, more control,
So Z-man and I could pump the bowl,
So I could drop in and practice my ollies.
Turns out that it was way too tight,
Z slammed right off the bat, couldn’t turn,
Tried carving the roundwall, hit concrete,
Later I tried carving into a corner,
Board didn’t respond, didn’t turn at all.
Four feet up, body perpendicular to the ground,
The board stalled and I kept going,
Padded wrist, padded elbow, helped a lot,
But my knee took the brunt, skin scraped,
Hopped up post slam, embarrassed.
Wanted to get outta the way, off the ground,
Another skater asked me if I was alright,
Said yeah, dude, call more attention to me,
But yeah, I’m fine, scraped my knee is all,
Then the blood started to flow, staining shorts.
I took a couple quick runs right after,
Just to prove to myself I was fine,
But wished I had brought my skate wrench,
Trucks too tight, no control, no carving,
Ended up slamming, bloodied again.
The next time out, we loosened the kingpin,
One full turn, one full revolution, then more,
Maybe a turn and a half, bushing relieved,
At first it felt a little wobbly, but felt so free,
Carving heelside, toeside, whipping around.
Extra sketchy on the back truck, extra loose,
But we rode it out, leaning one way then the other,
Whipping the board up the wall, in the corner,
Over the pyramid and hips, extra turny trucks,
Loosen up, loosen up, loose trucks saves lives.
I hit that corner where I slammed, smooth like butter,
Hit that stall point but rode it out, turned with ease,
Put my trust in the board, let her rip and go,
No more stalling, no more slamming, just go,
Hit it hard, hit it fast, let it go and get in the flow.
5.27.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment