1.04.2008

promise?

You promised me we would grow old together
The only growing we did was apart
So now where do we go
I’m so tired of carrying regret with me
My baggage for sure but shitty just the same
Feel so alone whenever you’re around.
That’s a good story but I heard it before
Just like all the other ones
And you always say I repeat myself
We’ll we’re both stuck in the ruts
So what do we do to fill our days
Or do we just sit silent for the next 40 years?
Your stories are always the same
At least you’ve got some consistency
Cuz mine always change
Depending on who’s listening
Or whatever mood I’m in
Or whatever else is going on.
I can tell you’re not even listening
You accuse me of that all the time
But you barely hear a word I said
Barely heard anything anyone said
Nothing is really that crucial
Even though you may believe otherwise.
Sit down and sit still for a moment
Stop lying to me and to yourself
What is real, what do you believe
What do you think you think you want
I don’t think you even care who’s listening
You’re just trying to believe in your own lies.
There’s this lady I know who tells stories
Supposedly about her own life
Minus the facts and any reality
You’re not so far gone
But you shine up pieces of nothing
And offer it up like its gold.
Maybe in your own way
Your just trying to say something simple
Like all life is sacred and wonderful
But it comes off like you know better
Like you got some inside scoop
But you got nothing just like the rest.
Its good just as it is, no need to fabricate
No need to over-state and gloss over
Life so beautiful just on its own
Stop trying to cover up with words
Hiding from your own ugliness
Scratch and scratch, but the itch never goes away.
So let’s sit and take up space
Staring at the t.v. losing ourselves
Forgetting whatever brought us together
Hazy crazy yesterdays lost forever
As we sit and hate the fates
Damning ourselves to years of empty noise.

No comments: