Just let go, just move on,
Nothing there to keep me anyway,
Just phantom memories of you,
Not that there ever was anything,
There never even was an us.
There was a you and me of course,
A her and the two of you--yes,
And it just gets more complicated,
So maybe I’ll leave it at that,
Leave it half-finished like everything else.
Potential means you ain’t done nothing,
So I’ll go back to doing exactly that,
As for all those other deeper issues,
Well, I got too many others awaiting me,
And did I mention the three binojiinhs?
Truth, love--all that other flowery stuff,
I guess I’ll leave that to the philosophers,
Internet chatrooms and armchair quarterbacks,
I’m too busy living and screwing it all up,
At least its real and not merely phantoms.
Beauty, truth, ego, what does any of that mean,
I don’t know, really just need to go,
Just really need to shut up, move on,
All those things we used to long for,
They’re still in me, in you, in my little girl.
The same struggles as ever before,
But how do I bring them to reality,
Make those things real and solid,
Teach her and her brothers about life,
When I myself am barely holding on.
6.28.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment