(with an assist from BillfromOz)
just last week i traveled to the dhammasala,
on the way i noticed a half dozen or so llamas,
quite an odd sight in the middle of nowhere,
grazing and eating, the wind blowing their shaggy hair.
I went to seek knowledge from Ajahn,
a Thai version of a Tibetan lama,
talked about such things as khamma (karma),
whether or not he believed in nibhanna (nirvana).
These are words you might recognize,
Sanskrit is similar, but not used by Thais,
Thai monks speak and read the older Pali,
Pali evolved into Sanskrit, like ollies begat nollies.
I was talking to a future reluctant monk,
it turns out that he was an ex-skate punk,
also turns out he's still got his old set-up,
is giving it my son, will leave it in the meditation hut.
So the next time you are out and about,
if you spy some llamas, free yourself of doubt,
these magical creatures apparently bring good luck,
cause with llama khamma (karma) nothing will suck.
1.20.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Thanks, That bit at the end had me grinning.
Be Well and happy!
Jordan
hee hee hee!
will you take him out to the park anytime soon?
I've been working with the little man in the bowl, but he hasn't skated by himself yet. I think he'll do it this spring or summer. He's fearless, but I'M still a little worried . . .
Post a Comment