1.10.2007

knee gasket

I messed up my knee skateboarding about a week and a half ago-- I finally started "dropping in" to the concrete half pipe--my foot slipped off and I twisted it pretty good. I'm still hobbling around and still wearing a knee brace--need to go see a specialist and make sure I didn't do any major damage.
A co-worker took this picture--I'm not quite that pudgy, really-- the camera added 10-15 lbs. at least. In real life I only weigh 185 lbs. (give or take) . . . I did go over 190 for the first time ever recently, but I was starting to work out again, until I hurt me knee, but other than the Beer-Lao belly, I'm a solid 185 lbs. Really.
Convinced? Neither am I.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your knee man... speedy recovery. Next time get your friend to do an action shot of you on the board. Then we'll believe you are a solid 185. :p

Just got back from Taiwan, haven't been able to read your entries. Will try to catch up. Peace out, happy Boar year (well, next month anyway), catch ya in all your melodramatic poems. :D

mangadezi-jr said...

Hopefully the kids and I will get good enough to take some "action shots" in the spring ;P
It's finally starting to get cold here, so they're focusing on skiing, I can focus on getting well.

mangadezi-jr said...

mom called me from Thailand--the first words out of her mouth were:
"Don't eat too much, you too big."
; P