Between the rail and the half-wall,
Over at the front where Campbell does axle-stalls,
Lined up and made sure its all clear,
Nu-skoolers doing pop outs and rail-slides,
Standing around the bench smoking extra-wides.
Two quick pushes and down the bank,
Knees loose so they sank,
Hit the flat and straightened out,
Sucking in momentum and up again,
This is how it goes how it begins.
Grazed the top of the pyramid,
Thirty-eight year old man acting like a kid,
Carefree and glad to just be,
Fast roll back onto the flat onto the hip,
Shoot onto flat into the corner just below the lip.
When the speed’s right when all is good,
Hit that corner almost horizontal as I should,
The magic doesn’t always work,
But when and if you gotta go with the flow,
Who knows where it comes or where it goes.
Back down the wall and over to the next,
Still can’t carve through both corners yet,
So I pick the one on the right,
I go so high that I almost fall,
Almost came tumbling off the wall.
Still need to hit both corners instead of one,
But I promise that I will before season’s done,
Backside carve for this goofy-footer,
Throw up my feet and let it go,
If you don’t try then you’ll never know.
11.08.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment