Um. . . I’m missing a tire on the right front side.
Yeah, I got a flat.
No, its not flat, the tire’s gone.
Can’t be—I rode home on the flat.
You rode home on the rim, quarter-panel’s all jacked.
Someone must have hit me.
I’m taking the other car. I gotta get to work.
Steady downward decline,
Been going on for some time,
Drunken binges free of guilt,
Destroying everything that we have built.
Don’t know which way to turn,
Karma coming around, now I’m getting burned,
Was my time to mess everything up,
Now my head is clear, but I’ve had enough.
It’s not even about me, you fighting your own battle,
Been waiting patiently, waiting for the death rattle,
When will this end, when can we move past,
Feel we must complete the book, the die has been cast.
More and more it seems so out of control,
More often than not, you seem so distant and cold,
All the plans that we made, sacrificing for the kids,
But the ship’s sinking fast, abandon the bridge.
Sing the song of mourning, then the time is done,
Move on with the living, stop living on the run,
Full circle back to the start,
Trying to live according to my heart,
Always questioning, never accepting,
Self-blaming, forever regretting.
Self-loathing, whatever happens, somehow deserving,
Created my own hell, situation is getting unnerving,
Always felt that I didn’t deserve any better,
Casting my own iron chains and fetters.
All kidding aside, can’t seem to just say no,
Pain threshold high, keeps adding to my woe,
Cannot say I’ve had enough, want no more,
Deserve everything I get, rotten to the core.
Getting what I gave, getting my just desserts,
Nothing more, nothing less, too late to revert,
Hiding my own guilt, laughing at my sorry self,
I’ve made my own bed, cannot blame anyone else.
2.12.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment