Looking for skateboard poems I found none,
Searched the web stumbled across other crap,
Something about a teacher skating across the world,
Another had rhymes but no soul.
Read Bukowski just for kicks,
Turned away dejected depressed,
But that what do you expect from Bukowski?
I want prose or poetry to describe
That which cannot be described,
Tell me how it feels when you hit the lip,
Slide across the coping and drop back in.
I love the feeling of weightlessness,
Describe it for me so I can experience it,
At the rate I’m going I’ll never know
Never experience it first hand.
I get weightless for a second,
Then chicken out and kickturn back in,
What is it like to hit those hips,
Flying through the air doing grabs as you go,
Endless grinds on metal coping.
I’ll never know the way things are going,
I save all my documents under the name delusion,
People tell me I am running away,
Going skating to evade my responsibilities.
So many things in this life I cannot control,
For a few previous moments I feel connected,
For a few moments I am weightless.
My breathing labored my body sweating,
Feel alive again for a moment or two,
Before it all comes crashing down around me.
Riding the banks and transitions,
Carving along on the concrete wall,
For a few moments I’m in the flow,
Before I slam brutally on the floor.
10.08.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment