
I bought new work shoes for the first time in years—what has it been, three or four?
Opted for a utilitarian choice—skate shoes that look casual enough to wear to work. Can’t believe you have to spend $60+ for a decent pair of shoes these days. I paid close to $90 for my running shoes this time last year.
B always gives me a hard time about buying footwear, says I have way too many shoes. I have a pair of dress shoes, my running shoes, work shoes, winter boots and now my skate/work shoes. That doesn’t seem like an awful lot to me, but I do like my shoes. I’ll buy pants and shirts at the Goodwill, but won’t skimp on my feet.
I took the kids shopping for shoes for school as well—I’m not a shop-aholic—I just really enjoy getting a good deal or getting good value for my money. I love finding a great bargain on the clearance rack, whether its Kmart or Macy’s-- For the kid’s shoes, I checked prices online, then went to three different stores before settling on one for the kids. Nan picked out a pair of Vans and Z bought some old school-looking Nikes. Both are skate shoes as well.
As for my shoes--I went to seven stores, plus checked prices online before making my purchase. I chose the Etnies Cinch in the tan/brown. I really need to try a pair of shoes on in person—I can’t do the online thing with them. My feet are wide so I have to see how a shoe fits in real life, not the virtual. The tongues on the current generation of skate shoes is HUGE. Gonna take some getting used to, but they are pretty comfortable. It’s been raining for the last couple of days, so I haven’t been able to skate in them at all. E loves the fact that the shoes have his name right on the side (E!). It was cool that my kids were asking my opinion on their purchases—how many 13 and 11-year-olds go school shopping with their dad? Gotta savor these moments, might not be too many more of them in the future.


No comments:
Post a Comment