8.13.2006

bludgeoning me with your anger

Bludgeoning me with your anger,
Not sure what it is I did to deserve that,
I’ve been keeping myself out of trouble of late.
So much for positivity,
You just curbed that one,
Solid kick to the back of the head.
Over what? A loaf of bread?
That’s so Dostoyevsky of you.
I try not to lay my trip on anyone else,
Stumbled and fell a few times,
Unleashed on you more than I should have.
So is this my payback?
Random acts of aggression,
Indifference to my feelings or opinions,
Why do we even bother?
What holds us together?
Is it the children,
The fear of being alone,
Our love of codependence?
I am so tired,
So tired of all of this,
Just want it to end.
Refuge from the storm?
Tossed back to shatter on the rocks—
Oblivious to everything but your own needs,
You push us away.
Pushing so hard,
Sometimes wonder why I fight it,
For you, the children or for me?
Who/what/why?
When will it end?

No comments: