7.16.2010

already too late

Feels like it’s already too late,
Missed all my chances,
Ran from my own fate,
Couldn’t wouldn’t cope,
Wished I was wished I had,
Now I stand upon regret,
Clinging to the only thing I know,
Self doubt and all that other crap,
Not wanting to voice my views,
Kept it all inside kept it all tucked away,
Too afraid to even try,
But it’s always screaming to get out,
Need to find a way need to find my voice,
Before it’s really too late,
Before I’m six feet under,
Or ashes scattered to the wind,
Never to be heard from again,
Wasted my entire life,
Wanting to be something,
But never daring to even try,
I keep shaving of all my hair,
So I don’t have to see the gray,
Trying to stave off tomorrow,
Always living in the what-ifs,
Wondering if I had what it takes,
What if I just started living,
Stopped waiting for something,
Stopped looking for someone,
And found my own way,
Stop hoping and praying,
To gods and ghosts I don’t trust,
Yell it out shout it out,
From the depths of my lungs,
Just to hear my self for once,
Just to feel alive while I still can,
Stop wishing for a different life,
Stop wasting away my short days,
Find out who and what and why,
While blood still flows through these veins,
Before I’ve grown angry and bitter,
At imagined foes and imagined affronts,
Before I start believing my own stories,
Of how I shoulda been coulda been,
When there is no one left to listen,
When everyone else has moved on,
Before I realize it’s never too late.

No comments: