10.17.2007

odds and ends

We were all in such a big hurry to grow up,
So impatient about becoming adults,
Wanted to start living our lives doing who knows what,
On to bigger and better things or so we thought,
At the half-way point of my life I long for those yesterdays.
The optimism of youth long since gone,
Plodding down my life’s path so lost,
I dreamt of chasing rainbows and finding a pot of gold,
But the closer I got the further I had to go,
Realize now that they were illusions from the very first.
So let’s go back to square one and begin from the start,
What is it I really want/what do I really need,
Realize that I expected everything to take care of itself,
Expected the fairy tale/wanted a life that was made for TV,
Nothing is set in stone/that’s the price we pay for wanting to be free.


I’m a little bit fat and a little bit old,
So many things in life out of my control.

Don’t want to sit on the sidelines anymore,
That’s the main reason that I’m back on board.

Just this one little something for me to do,
Enjoy myself before this life is through.

Living my life doing what I should,
Riding on seven-plies of maple wood.

Looking forward to the long sleep of death,
Gotta live life to the hilt/before I breathe my last breath

No comments: