Smarmy smiles and knowing glances,
Self-satisfied looks high above the ashes,
So you think you know just everything you need,
Bubble burst in a nanosecond and sends you searching,
Blank-eyed and surprised as the assault begins.
Slow and measured come the lies from ashen lips,
Trying to find a reason trying to remember why,
Please please someone dial nine-one-one,
Go ahead go ahead like I really care,
Elbow to the head knee to the ribs one swift kick.
Out of control slipping to the other side,
Adrenaline coursing through calcified veins,
Scrapper Dan barely holding me back,
As I walk him back and forth between the yellow lines,
Two hundred pounds and some change barely enough.
My rage comes from a place that you have never been,
Push and push and see what you get,
Bloodied and broken and filled with regret,
I won’t feel a thing until the next day,
After the anger and the adrenaline has faded away.
10.24.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment