8.21.2008

razor's edge

No big plans, no one to impress,
Looking forward to the simple things,
No grand illusions, no more stress,
So much out of my control,
Need to leave it all alone,
Wasting energy trying to fix everything,
Have to accept some things are beyond me,
All these moments destined to pass,
Good or bad or indifferent,
I remember the peaks and lows,
Ignore the everyday middle ground,
Need to refocus my attention,
Work on myself and let the rest be,
So much that I can or should do,
Scale it back, pull it in,
Work on what’s right here right now,
Take car of my own home,
So much disorder right now,
Issues and concerns from wherever,
No longer anything I need to deal with,
So much time and energy on the outside,
So little has changed on the inside,
And so here I am again at square one,
Simple pleasures and simple wants,
Moment by moment into my tomorrows,
However many are destined to be mine,
Empty words and empty notions,
Bouncing around me like errant waves,
I shall do what I can, promise no more,
Expect nothing from anyone else,
Always asked for way too much,
In no hurry to get anywhere,
Right where I need to be,
One foot in front of the other,
Step after step, walking meditation,
Waking mediation everyday,
Walking along the razor’s edge,
Balanced betwixt and between,
Living this life and nothing more.

No comments: